Table of Contents:
Becoming a Master Student
Every student has the ability to be a Master Student; this course will help students tap into their natural learning abilities and shows them how to take control of their education. They will learn practical study techniques – such as anti-procrastination skills, test-taking skills, Muscle Reading, concept mapping, goal setting, and critical thinking. As they discover what works, they will develop their own unique style of learning that they can use to excel in all of their classes, and for the rest of their lives.
- Starting off on the right foot: Discover what you want to get out of your education and put your goals into action.
- Chart your course to success: The Master Student Map begins each chapter with key questions that guide thinking and learning, and helps develop essential critical thinking skills.
- Master learning in the online environment: Learn how to use technology resources and the Internet, and online communities, to study more effectively and succeed in your courses.
- Prepare for the workplace: The put it to work feature will show you how you can apply what you’ve learned in the real world.
This course is designed for students who want to learn how to touch-type to increase their speed and efficiency on the keyboard. The open, modular-style manual is designed for quick scanning in the classroom, and is filled with interactive exercises that will allow students to explore the intricacies of KAZ (Keyboarding A to Z).
- Use the keyboard with correct posture, and identify the home keys and their importance in touch-typing
- Touch-type the letter keys with increasing speed and accuracy
- Touch-type capital letters, special characters, and standard punctuation
- Calculate words per minute typing speed
Internet Essentials at Work
This course is designed to teach the students the basic skills necessary to use a variety of web browser including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox software. Topics covered by this course include browsing the web, working with the favorite’s center, zoom in and out in a web page, save and print web pages, run searches, set internet options, work with privacy and security settings, install add-ons, play multimedia content.
NOTE: This information is for your planning purposes only. Due to all the legal disclosures mandated by the State of Washington Workforce Training and Education Board, it is necessary for Allied Training Systems to write all proposals to ensure student receives all the information necessary.